You came near when I called on you; you said, “Do not fear!” Lamentations 3:57
Fear. It can take over your life. It can ruin everything in its path. It can divert you to safer areas. Well, you think they are safer. It can deny you so much.
I have personally battled fear all my life. I learned very early on not to trust many people. I lived around fear and always fighting it.
- Ulcers at 8 years-old were my friend.
- My friend at the time was raped and murdered.
- My step-brothers did things to me that were not okay.
- A group of boys chased me down at school around this time.
- One day walking my younger sister by our house a guy with a pantyhose around his face came towards me and I ran as fast as I could back in the house.
- My step dad would yell and throw dishes sometimes.
This was all before I was even 10.
I have always been a fighter. I don’t give up. You can’t break me down. As you can see there should have been plenty of reasons for me to give up, but I didn’t.
When I became pregnant with my second child (after being blessed with a daughter prior and even after my husband’s cancer diagnosis) I was elated. I couldn’t wait to meet this child. We didn’t find out if it was a boy or girl until HE came into the world. He was perfect besides the jaundice he had. As time went on we started to see strange behaviors and he wasn’t talking either. Just before he was three years-old the doctor said, “He has autism.”