Welcome to our Young Adults! Here you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to have a great online worship experience right where you are!
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Questions (see below) immediately following the video to unpack the story while it’s fresh!
- Use the Full Parent Guide and activity pages (linked below) for more activity ideas & deeper discussion.
Activity Pages: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child
- John 4
What did Jesus ask for when He first saw the Samaritan woman? (a drink of water, John 4:7)
What did Jesus say would happen to a person who drinks the living water? (He will never thirst again. It will become a well in him. He will have eternal life; John 4:14)
What is the living water Jesus spoke about? Guide kids to see that the living water is a picture of what the Holy Spirit is like. When we believe the gospel, Jesus sends the Holy Spirit to live within us. He helps us to love and obey God and fills our lives with joy and love so that we can “overflow” joy and love onto other people.
How can we receive “living water”? Remind the kids that the Bible teaches everyone who believes the gospel will be saved. Help them understand that when we believe the gospel, we ask forgiveness for our sin and love God. God forgives our sin, gives us new hearts, and sends the Holy Spirit to live in us and help us obey God out of love.
SHARE: Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to those who believe. Anyone can be a believer because Jesus loves all people. The gift of salvation is freely offered to us.
Discuss the following questions about this week’s teaching.
- What does this story teach me about God?
- What does this story teach me about myself?
- Who can I tell about this story?
We encourage you to take time to pray as a family.