What We’re Learning: Thin Green Line
There is a thin green line between our hearts and our money. One of the five marks of a disciple at Hope is giving generously to God who gave us every thing. When we give money, whether to a person in need, an organization, or the local church we become part of a bigger story. This series will encourage students to look at how they GIVE, SPEND, and SAVE their money.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
Grab a Bible, watch the video together and go through the below modified at-home discussion guide anytime you like OR play our online game and watch live with us Sunday at 10:35am on our MSM Facebook Page. We also have the original small group material here if you’d prefer that format.
Special Needs Families:
Click here for this week’s modified lesson guide
Wk 3: June 28 – SPEND
- Main Point: Where you spend your time and money is a reflection of how you see God.
- Main Scripture: Matthew 6:19-24
Create meaningful conversation with your student(s). Adjust questions as needed, and don’t feel like you need to answer all of them.
- What is something feel that you must have? Why do you want it so bad?
- What is the difference between need and want?
- What do your current spending habits show you about where your heart is?
- Which body part does Matthew 6 warn us about, and why? Explain your choice.
- What does it mean when we say that we “serve” our possessions?
- How do we make sure our purchases and things that get our attention don’t rival God in our lives?
- What is something you learned from the lesson this week?
Every time of you spend your money this week, write it down and reflect on where you invest your money. Here is a My Money Record tool to use at home to help you keep these wise habits.
Ask your student(s) to share their prayer requests and close your time together in prayer.