What We’re Learning: Monologues
Series Overview: Over all of history God is writing a story. We have a significant part to play in His story. Let’s find our parts in His story together.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
MSM goes live 6:45pm on our HopeMSM YouTube Account. This will be followed by Zoom Small Groups, click here to get pre-registered for a Small Group. If your student is unable to attend a small group then grab a Bible, watch the video together while it’s live or after, and go through the below modified at-home discussion guide anytime you like
Special Needs Families:
Click here for this week’s modified guide
Wk 2: September 27 – My Story Is Not _____.
- Main Point: Your past is NOT the whole story.
- Main Scriptures: Hebrews 7:26-27
Create meaningful conversation with your student(s). Adjust questions as needed, and don’t feel like you need to answer all of them.
- JUST FOR FUN: What is a silly but dumb mistake that you have made in the past? (for real, not a serious mistake… but a silly one like putting creamer in your cereal instead of milk)
- Do you tend to focus on your faults or successes more?
- Do other people focus on your faults or successes more? Why do you think this is?
- READ Hebrews 7:26-27 and answer the following questions:
- Why did the Israelites make sacrifices in the Old Testament?
- Why was a one-time sacrifice from Jesus enough for us?
- Do you really believe that Jesus is enough? [emphasize that it is okay to express doubts.. This is a safe place]
- What is one thing keeping YOU from placing your faith in Jesus?
Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Not sure what that means? Check out this Go5pel guide to goes through exactly what that means.
Parents, if your student accepts Jesus for the first time, we’d love to know so we can come alongside them to celebrate and mentor them with you. Let us know by filling out this quick form.
Ask your student(s) to share their prayer requests and close your time together in prayer.