Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion.
For kids (Online Experience Video)
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Bible Story: Always Something There to Remind Me (Give Thanks No Matter What Happens) • 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Key Question: What are you grateful for?
Bottom Line: You always have something to be grateful for.
Monthly Verse: Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good. His faithful love continues forever. Psalm 136:1 (NIrV)
Life App: Gratitude—Letting others know you see how they’ve helped you
- When things don’t go the way you want, what’s wrong with feeling ungrateful?
- Is it possible to be disappointed or sad about something and still be grateful? Explain.
- Why do you think God wants us to be thankful in good times and bad?
- When is it most hard for you to show gratitude?
- What are some reasons to be grateful even when life stinks?
“Gratitude is something we have to work at. It’s not something that just happens, and it’s not something we’ll ever ‘finish’ working on. I have to work every day to make sure I have an attitude of gratitude, especially now when everything is uncertain, difficult, and just kind of weird. [Make it Personal] (Share about how you’re working on gratitude right now. Get specific and talk about how the pandemic has affected your attitude and share with kids about what you’re doing to stay positive and grateful during this time.) This week, when something doesn’t go your way or something hard comes up, try to remember to tell God something you’re thankful for. That’s a great place to start when you’re dealing with whatever comes your way.”
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)