What We’re Learning: Wrestling with God’s Word
Series Tagline: T.R.A.I.N* to wrestle with God’s Word like a pro.
Series Main Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Series Overview: What should do we do when we read Bible verses we don’t like? T.R.A.I.N* to wrestle with God’s Word like a pro. How do pro athletes get better at their sport? Practice! Every week we are going to practice together by studying a different Scripture we may not like and learn how we should respond. We will T.R.A.I.N* ourselves to remember when wrestling with God’s Word, we can trust God’s wisdom and character.
*TRUST God’s Wisdom
REMEMBER God’s Character
ASK yourself, “What is challenging to me about this verse?”
INVESTIGATE the Scripture
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
MSM goes live 6:45pm on our HopeMSM YouTube Account. This will be followed by Zoom Small Groups, click here to get pre-registered for a Small Group. If your student is unable to attend a small group then grab a Bible, watch the video together while it’s live or after, and go through the below modified at-home discussion guide anytime you like
Special Needs Families:
Click here for this week’s modified guide
October 25 – Forgive, Even When It’s Hard
- Main Point: Don’t hold back on forgiving others because Jesus didn’t hold back in forgiving you.
- Main Scriptures: Matthew 18:21-35
Create meaningful conversation with your student(s). Adjust questions as needed, and don’t feel like you need to answer all of them.
- GET THEM TALKING: What are some reasons people hold back on forgiving others?
- Look over this T.R.A.I.N. like a pro card. Read each point together, and as you do stop and discuss:
- In your own words, what does this point mean?
- What questions do you have about this point?
- READ Matthew 18:21-35 and answer the following questions:
- What do you like about this Scripture?
- What don’t you like in this Scripture?
- How does Jesus treat us when we wrong Him?
- How does Jesus ask us to treat others when they wrong us?
- What can keep us from forgiving someone else?
- How can we overcome those things?
PRAYER GUIDE 1
Encourage students to take some silent moments in prayer and reflection on these three questions:
(1) God, is there someone I need to forgive?
(2) God, is there someone I need to apologize to and ask for forgiveness from?
(3) God, I’m sorry I’ve sinned and I ask for your forgiveness.
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE: Say a prayer to God on your own this week, thanking Him for His forgiveness and asking Him to help you forgive others.
THIS SERIES CHALLENGE: Memorize 2 Timothy 3:16-17. We encourage you to do it together as a group!
PRAYER GUIDE 2
Ask your student(s) to share their prayer requests and close your time together in prayer.