Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We now have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at email@example.com to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
GodTime: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child.
Life App: Kindness—Showing others they are valuable by how you treat them.
Bible Story: Hey Brother (Good Samaritan) • Luke 10:25-37
Bottom Line: Be kind to people who are different from you.
Basic Truth: I am made loved by God no matter what so I can love God, love others, and love life.
Memory Verse: You are God’s chosen people. You are holy and dearly loved. So, put on tender mercy and kindness as if they were your clothes. Don’t be proud. Be gentle and patient. Colossians 3:12 (NIrV)
- Without naming names, think of someone who is different from you. Maybe they dress differently, or their family is very different from yours. Maybe they act differently at school. Whatever the reason, think of someone you don’t get along with or don’t understand. How could you show this person they are valuable—how would you show them kindness?
- Why might a kid your age be treated unkindly? When have you seen someone treated unkindly?
- Why might showing kindness to someone make you uncomfortable?
- You see someone being treated unkindly, maybe it is the annoying kid at school. What does it look like to respond with kindness? Is it kind to walk away when you see someone being treated unkindly? Why or why not?
We encourage to take some time to pray together as a family.