Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We now have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
GodTime: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child.
- Life App: Peace—Proving you care more about each other than winning an argumentBible Story: War and Peace (Isaac’s Wells) • Genesis 26:1-6, 12-22, 26-31
Key Question: When should you walk away from a fight?
Bottom Line: You can show you care about others by walking away from a fight.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now.
Memory Verse: So let us do all we can to live in peace. And let us work hard to build
up one another. Romans 14:19 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions:
- How do you know when you should walk away from a fight?
- How can you peacefully disagree with someone? (This allows for the discussion that we can disagree with people and still care about them. It is when winning the argument is more important than caring for the person that the disagreement become “un-peaceful.”)
- What can you do when you try to live in peace and it still seems like things aren’t peaceful?
- Is there ever a time when you shouldn’t walk away from a fight? (Ask kids to give an example if they say yes. Ask “why not” if they say no.)
We encourage to take some time to pray together as a family.[/column]