Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
- Online Experience Video for you and your student to watch together
- Discussion Questions for you & your student
- Pre-Teen Guide for your student to go a little deeper on his/her own
- Salvation Conversation Guide for one of the most important conversations you’ll ever have
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/
Got a question? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Experience Video
Trouble loading the video? CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Confidence—Learning to see yourself the way God sees you.
Bible Story: Fire on the Mountain (Elijah and the Prophets of Baal) • 1 Kings 18:16-46
Bottom Line: God can do the impossible.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can be confident that God knows who I am.
Memory Verse: “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13 (NIV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- When was a time you thought something was impossible, and it wasn’t? Maybe your friends were in a fight and you thought it was impossible the fight would ever end but it did. Or you thought it was impossible you would get a new bike and you did.
- What are some examples of times God/Jesus did things that seemed impossible?
- What seems impossible to you right now? What situation is going on in your life where it’d be really great if God intervened in a powerful way?
- What are some truths we know about God? How does it help to remind ourselves of these truths when we feel like we don’t have any say or control over something? (Even when we don’t have control and we want things to change, we can trust God’s plan is the best way. We know God can do the impossible, but the impossible isn’t always in His plan. But we can still trust Him with our outcomes.)
The Pre-Teen Learner Guide is designed to provide Bible Study throughout the week for your 4th or 5th grader.
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for students who watch the adult service, too!)