Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion.
For kids (Online Experience Video)
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Confidence—Learning to see yourself the way God sees you
Bible Story: Cities in Dust (Israel Captures Jericho) • Joshua 5:13–6:20
Bottom Line: God’s plan is the best plan.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me
Memory Verse: “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13 (NIV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- What are some regular, everyday situations that you need a plan for?
- What can you do when you’re not in charge, but the plan doesn’t seem like it’ll work? (For example, when you think you should do something different than what a parent or teacher is asking you to do.)
- What can you do if you know God has a plan but you’re not sure how everything will work out? (This is an opportunity to discuss even when we don’t know the outcome part of God’s plan is for us to continue to trust Him, continue to follow Him, and live the way He wants us to.)
- What are some things God has done for you? How can remembering what God has done in the past help you have confidence and trust Him now?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)