Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion.
For kids (Online Experience Video)
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Wisdom—Finding out what you should do and doing it
Bible Story: Grow as We Go (Jesus Grows in Wisdom) • Luke 2:41-52
Key Question: What does it mean to be wise?
Bottom Line: Wisdom is worth searching for.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse: “If any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He will give it to you. God gives freely to everyone and doesn’t find fault.” James 1:5 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- What does it mean to be wise?
- Is there a difference between being smart and being wise? (Encourage kids to explain their answers. This is an opportunity to discuss the difference between knowing a lot of facts and making wise choices.)
- Why is wisdom valuable? What is the benefit of making wise choices?
- What are some ways you can search for God’s wisdom?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)