Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We now have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at email@example.com to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Wisdom—Finding out what you should do and doing it.
Bible Story: Foolish Heart (Rehoboam Listens to Fools) • 2 Chronicles 10 (supporting: Proverbs 13:20)
Key Question: Who is the wisest person you know?
Bottom Line: Hang out with wise people.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse: “If any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He will give it to you. God gives freely to everyone and doesn’t find fault.” James 1:5 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- Solomon’s advisors learned by spending time with Solomon. Why is it important to hang out with wise people?
- Who is someone you think is wise? Why do you think they are wise? (This question could potentially lead to a discussion on the fruit of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22; A wise person demonstrates the fruit of the Spirit—love, joy, peace, etc. Be prepared to look up Galatians 5:22 to dig deeper.)
- What can be the consequences of hanging around people who make wise choices?
- What can be the consequences of hanging around people who make unwise choices?
- What about when our friends are making choices that we’re not sure about? Maybe they’re doing stuff that isn’t the “smartest,” but you’re not sure if it’s “all that bad?” How can you get some advice about their behavior and what you should do?
We encourage to take some time to pray together as a family.