What We’re Learning: Jesus Said What?!
Jesus said truly amazing things, but sometimes Jesus said some really surprising things. Jesus shocked everyone when he forgave a guilty woman. Jesus confused Nicodemus when he talked about needing to be reborn to be right with God. And did Jesus really say we should be prepared for persecution? We are going to explore each of these conversation Jesus had in the Book of John and how we can apply them to our lives.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
MSM goes live Sundays at 11:15am on our HopeMSM YouTube Account. Grab a Bible, watch the video together while it’s live or after, and go through the below discussion guide anytime you like.
Week 2: Sept 19
- MAIN POINT: Jesus warns rejection will come and He helps us through it.
- SECONDARY POINT: Rejection isn’t the end of the world.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: John 15:18-27 (Jesus’ Warning)
- SECONDARY SCRIPTURE: 1 John 3:13 NLT
- JESUS CONNECTION: Jesus is no stranger to rejection or pain. He chose to go through rejection and pain on the cross to save us.
- TEACHING + HUDDLE NOTE: Talking about being rejected can be a sensitive subject for middle schoolers because they are in such turmoil about where they belong and if they are liked already. Remind your students they belong with God and are of great value, despite if others accept or reject their faith.
- Wk 2 Small Group Leader Guide – Jesus