Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We now have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at email@example.com to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Initiative—Seeing what needs to be done and doing it
Bible Story: Makin’ Plans (Nehemiah Plans to Rebuild the Wall) • Nehemiah 1:1–2:18
Bottom Line: Don’t wait for someone else to do what needs to be done.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now.
Memory Verse: Work at everything you do with all your heart. Work as if you were working for the Lord. Colossians 3:23a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- Sometimes we ignore a job that needs to be done because it’s not technically OUR responsibility—not OUR problem. Is there anything wrong with that way of thinking? Why or why not?
- How would things be different if Jesus had taken on that way of thinking?
- When you think of people who have shown initiative (seen what needs to be done and doing it), who comes to mind? What do you appreciate or admire most about them? What can you learn from them?
- What can you do if you see something that needs to be done but you don’t know what to do? How can you figure out where to start?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.