Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Individuality—Discovering who you’re meant to be so you can make a difference
Bible Story: Hey, Sew Sister (Lydia) • Acts 16:13-15
Bottom Line: Use your gifts to help others.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so I have value.
Memory Verse: How you made me is amazing and wonderful. I praise you for that. What you have done is wonderful. I know that very well. Psalm 139:14 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- We often describe gifts as things we are good at, but our character traits are gifts from God. Think of a trait someone might have (honesty, quietness, bravery, loudness, etc.). How can the trait be a gift to use to help others?
- Why do you think we refer to our talents or our traits as “gifts”?
- What if you don’t know what your “gift” is? What can you do to discover what you are good at?
- What skills do we need to follow Jesus? (This question is an opportunity to talk about how anyone can follow Jesus independent of what gifts they have or skills they mastered. A follow-up question could be: When you follow Jesus, how do you reflect Him to others when you use your gifts to help?)
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.