Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion.
For kids (Online Experience Video)
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Contentment—Learning to be okay with what you have
Bible Story: I Want It That Way (King Ahab and Naboth’s Vineyard) •1 Kings 21:1-19, 27
Key Question: What can you do when you find yourself wanting more and more?
Bottom Line: Wanting more and more can make you miserable.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can love God, love others, and love life.
Memory Verse: Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against wanting to have more and more things. Life is not made up of how much a person has.” Luke 12:15 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- Does being content mean that you never want anything? Is it possible to want something and still be content?
- What is the difference between wanting something and being greedy?
- What can be a consequence of obsessing with what you want?
- How can being content show that you trust God?
- What can you do if you find yourself wanting more and more?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)