What We’re Learning: THIS OR THAT
SERIES OVERVIEW: Middle schoolers see themselves primarily through the lens of others—mostly their peers—in this phase. They look at and measure most things about who they are and what they have against that of the people they see around them. Unfortunately, that often means that, without even realizing it, your students are stepping into the constant cycle of comparison. We want our students to know: Our identity shouldn’t come from comparing ourselves to others; our identity should come from what God says about us.
We will hand out these YOU MATTER TO GOD BIBLE VERSES to help them embrace what God says about them.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
MSM goes live Sundays at 11:15am on our HopeMSM YouTube Account. Grab a Bible, watch the video together while it’s live or after, and go through the below discussion guide anytime you like.
Week 2: November 14
- MAIN POINTS:
- (1) When we stop comparing, we connect better with Jesus.
- (2) When we stop comparing, we can better celebrate others.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: 1 Samuel 18:8-9
- OPTIONAL SCRIPTURES: Proverbs 14:30 & 1 Peter 2:13
- JESUS CONNECTION: Peter says jealous is evil in our hearts. The bad news is this evil keeps us from God & Heaven. The good news is God loves us so much He sent His son Jesus to save us.
- MSM THIS OR THAT – SGL GUIDE-Wk2
- Special Needs Modified Guide