What We’re Learning: THIS OR THAT
SERIES OVERVIEW: Middle schoolers see themselves primarily through the lens of others—mostly their peers—in this phase. They look at and measure most things about who they are and what they have against that of the people they see around them. Unfortunately, that often means that, without even realizing it, your students are stepping into the constant cycle of comparison. We want our students to know: Our identity shouldn’t come from comparing ourselves to others; our identity should come from what God says about us.
We will hand out these YOU MATTER TO GOD BIBLE VERSES to help them embrace what God says about them.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
MSM goes live Sundays at 11:15am on our HopeMSM YouTube Account. Grab a Bible, watch the video together while it’s live or after, and go through the below discussion guide anytime you like.
Week 3: November 21
- MAIN POINT: God wants us to see ourselves the way He does.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Romans 12:2 & 6
- JESUS CONNECTION: You were important enough to God that He sent Jesus to die on a cross to save you. If you weren’t loved, if you weren’t valued, why would God do that?
- MSM THIS OR THAT – SGL GUIDE – Wk 3
- Modified Special Needs Guide