Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
- Online Experience Video for you and your student to watch together
- Discussion Questions for you & your student
- Pre-Teen Guide for your student to go a little deeper on his/her own
- Salvation Conversation Guide for one of the most important conversations you’ll ever have
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/
Got a question? E-mail us at email@example.com
Online Experience Video
Trouble loading the video? CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Christmas—Celebrating Jesus, God’s greatest gift.
Bible Story: Nine Months (Elizabeth & Zechariah) • Luke 1:5-25, 57-66
Key Question: What are some things you celebrate?
Bottom Line: Celebrate because God can do anything.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can belong in God’s family forever.
Memory Verse: God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. John 3:16 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- Why did people think they baby should be named Zechariah? Does anyone know why it was unusual for Zechariah and Elizabeth to name the baby John? (It may be necessary to explain the culture was to name babies after a family member. Zechariah or Elizabeth did not have a relative named John.)
- How were Zechariah and Elizabeth celebrating God by naming the baby John? (Zechariah and Elizabeth were obeying God even though it was different from the “norm”.)
- God can do anything but sometimes He doesn’t do what we think He should. What can help you to remember to celebrate God even when things don’t go your way?
- [Make It Personal] Share about a time when thing didn’t go the way you thought they should, but you were able to see God’s hand in the situation. Were you able to celebrate God’s “version” of the story?
- What are some impossible things has God done? (Examples can be from the Bible or from their own lives.)
The Pre-Teen Learner Guide is designed to provide Bible Study throughout the week for your 4th or 5th grader.
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for students who watch the adult service, too!)