Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Self-control—Choosing to do what you should even when you don’t want to.
Bible Story: Blank Space (Choose Your Words Carefully) • Proverbs 12:18
Key Question: How can words make things better?
Bottom Line: Think before you speak.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can love God, love others, and love life.
Memory Verse: “God’s power has given us everything we need to live a godly life.” 2 Peter 1:3a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- What’s a good test to use in deciding what we should or should not say? Is your test different when you’re talking to someone who’s younger than you? How about someone who is older?
- Just because something is true, does it mean it is okay to say it? Why or why not?
- How do you decide if something is necessary to say or if it’s better to leave it unspoken—even if it’s true?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)