Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion.
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Self-control—Choosing to do what you should even when you don’t want to
Bible Story: You Need to Calm Down (Broken-Down Walls) • Proverbs 25:28
Key Question: When do you lose control?
Bottom Line: When you lose control, it can cause trouble.
Basic Truth: I am made by God to worship Him.
Memory Verse: “God’s power has given us everything we need to live a godly life.” 2 Peter 1:3a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- How would you explain self-control to someone?
- Why is self-control so important? Why can’t we just do what we feel like doing?
- If parents and other adults have placed more “walls,” boundaries, or rules in your life than you’d like, how could growing in self-control demonstrate that you might be ready for some of those walls to open up?
- Where do you need to most grow in self-control? What can you do to help that process along?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)