Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Self-control—Choosing to do what you should even when you don’t want to
Bible Story: You Need to Calm Down (Broken-Down Walls) • Proverbs 25:28
Key Question: When do you lose control?
Bottom Line: When you lose control, it can cause trouble.
Basic Truth: I am made by God to worship Him.
Memory Verse: “God’s power has given us everything we need to live a godly life.” 2 Peter 1:3a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- How would you explain self-control to someone?
- Why is self-control so important? Why can’t we just do what we feel like doing?
- If parents and other adults have placed more “walls,” boundaries, or rules in your life than you’d like, how could growing in self-control demonstrate that you might be ready for some of those walls to open up?
- Where do you need to most grow in self-control? What can you do to help that process along?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.