Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Self-control—Choosing to do what you should even when you don’t want to.
Bible Story: Blank Space (Choose Your Words Carefully) • Proverbs 12:18
Key Question: How can words make things better?
Bottom Line: Think before you speak.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can love God, love others, and love life.
Memory Verse: “God’s power has given us everything we need to live a godly life.” 2 Peter 1:3a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- What’s a good test to use in deciding what we should or should not say? Is your test different when you’re talking to someone who’s younger than you? How about someone who is older?
- Just because something is true, does it mean it is okay to say it? Why or why not?
- How do you decide if something is necessary to say or if it’s better to leave it unspoken—even if it’s true?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.