Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Compassion—Caring enough to do something about someone else’s need
Bible Story: Reasons Why (Jesus’ Mission Statement) • Luke 4:14-24, 28-30
Key Question: What is your purpose in life?
Bottom Line: Following Jesus means caring about others.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so I have value
Memory Verse: The LORD has shown you what is good. He has told you what he requires of you. You must act with justice. You must love to show mercy. And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God. Micah 6:8 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- How does Jesus show compassion to you?
- What are some things we can do to show compassion to others?
- When have you seen someone caring for some else’s needs?
- When is it hard to show compassion?
- What if you notice someone needs something but you aren’t sure what to do? For example, you notice your friend seems sad but you don’t know why or what to do?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)