Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Resilience—Getting back up when something gets you down
Bible Story: Sing, Sing, Sing (Paul and Silas in Prison) • Acts 16:16-40
Key Question: What helps keep you going?
Bottom Line: You can choose joy when life gets hard.
Basic Truth: I am made by God to worship Him.
Memory Verse: But those who trust in the Lord will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not grow weak. Isaiah 40:31 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- How does trusting God help us to bounce back?
- What truths can you focus on to help you get back up when something gets you down?
- What does it look like to choose joy even when you are not happy about the circumstances you are in?
- [Make it Personal] (Share an age-appropriate story about a situation that was hard and you weren’t happy about it but you decided to choose joy. What did you focus on and how did it help you to keep going?)
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)