Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Summer Theme: Make Waves – What you do today can change the world around you
Bible Story: I’ve Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy (The Apostles Are Treated Badly) • Acts 5:17-42
Key Question: What are things that bring you joy?
Bottom Line: Choose joy no matter what’s going on.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now
Memory Verse: The fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It is being faithful and gentle and having control of oneself. Galatians 5:22-23a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- How is joy different from happiness?
- When is it easy to have joy? When is it difficult to have joy?
- What are some ways you can shift your focus to joy when you are having a hard time?
- How can your choice to have joy point others to Jesus?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)