Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Summer Theme: Make Waves – What you do today can change the world around you
Bible Story: What Is Love? (We Love Because God Loved Us) • 1 John 4:9-13
Key Question: How can you love others like God does?
Bottom Line: Love others because God loves you.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now
Memory Verse: The fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It is being faithful and gentle and having control of oneself. Galatians 5:22-23a (NIrV)
Read Galatians 5:22-23a (this will be our verse all summer long)
- The theme for the summer is “Make Waves,” and we’ll be learning how the things we do today can change the world around us. We can make waves and impact the world by showing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- Do you notice that love is the first thing mentioned in the verse? Why do you think that is?
- What is the most important thing God asks us to do?
- Why do you think everything else comes as a result of loving God and others?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)