Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Summer Theme: Make Waves – What you do today can change the world around you
Bible Story: I’ve Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy (The Apostles Are Treated Badly) • Acts 5:17-42
Key Question: What are things that bring you joy?
Bottom Line: Choose joy no matter what’s going on.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now
Memory Verse: The fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It is being faithful and gentle and having control of oneself. Galatians 5:22-23a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- How is joy different from happiness?
- When is it easy to have joy? When is it difficult to have joy?
- What are some ways you can shift your focus to joy when you are having a hard time?
- How can your choice to have joy point others to Jesus?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.