Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at email@example.com to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Summer Theme: Make Waves – What you do today can change the world around you
Bible Story: Why Can’t We Be Friends? (Abigail Intervenes) • 1 Samuel 25:1-35
Key Question: What are some ways to make peace?
Bottom Line: You can help others make peace.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now
Memory Verse: The fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It is being faithful and gentle and having control of oneself. Galatians 5:22-23a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- Do you have an example of a conflict you were recently involved in that you would be willing to share with the group? How did you handle the situation?
- Do you find it difficult or easy to make peace with others?
- What are some ways you can take control of your reactions when the fight is right in front of you?
- If you are a Jesus follower, what does that show others around you when you choose peace over a fight?
- How can peace make change in the world around you?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.