Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
- Online Experience Video for you and your student to watch together
- Discussion Questions for you & your student
- Pre-Teen Guide for your student to go a little deeper on his/her own
- Salvation Conversation Guide for one of the most important conversations you’ll ever have
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/
Got a question? E-mail us at email@example.com
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Monthly Virtue: Trust – Putting your confidence in someone you can depend on.
Bible Story: Weighed Down (Jacob and Esau’s Reconciliation) • Genesis 31:3; 32:3-32; 33:1-17
Key Question: What do people worry about?
Bottom Line: You can trust God even when you’re worried.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions:
- What does it mean to trust God?
- When is it easy to trust God? When is it hard?
- What does it look like to be worrying about (fill in with examples from the Take a Snapshot Activity) and still be trusting God?
- For example: Your grandma is sick, and you are worried about her—what does it look like to trust God in that situation?
- Why do we know we can trust God even when we are worried or anxious about situations in our lives? What can you do to train yourself to trust God no matter what?
- How does trusting God influence the decisions you make?
The Pre-Teen Learner Guide is designed to provide Bible Study throughout the week for your 4th or 5th grader.
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for students who watch the adult service, too!)