Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Monthly Virtue: Courage—Being brave enough to do what you should do, even when you’re afraid
Bible Story: You Make Me Brave (Joshua and Caleb) • Numbers 13–14
Bottom Line: You can do what you should even when others are afraid.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now.
Memory Verse: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9b (NIV)
Ask the following questions:
- Today’s Bottom Line is “You can do what you should even when others are afraid.” Explain why you agree or disagree with that statement.
- Do you think we’re born with some of our fears? If not, where do fears come from?
- Is there ever a time when fear is a good thing? Explain.
- Why is it easier to be courageous in a group rather than on our own?
- Joshua had Caleb. Caleb had Joshua. It’s important to choose close friends well. What can you do to make sure you have a friend who helps you do what you should even when others are too scared to do so?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)