Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
You can access the full modified curriculum here.
Monthly Virtue: Courage—Being brave enough to do what you should do, even when you’re afraid.
Bible Story: Stand Up (Esther) • Esther
Bottom Line: You can do what you should even when you don’t know what will happen.
Basic Truth: I am made loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9b (NIV)
Ask the following questions:
- God used Esther in a special way at a special time. Share whether you agree or disagree with the following statement: “Everyone was made to do something courageous . . . and whatever that something is, no one can do it quite like you.”
- If you believe that statement, how does it help you do what you should even when you don’t know how it will all turn out?
- If we miss an opportunity to show courage, what should we do?
- How do you think our need for courage changes at different times in our life?
- For example, what did courage look like for you when you were a little kid?
- How might it look when you are in high school?
- What’s the best ways to get ready for the courageous things you’ll do as you get older?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)