Welcome to our Young Adults! Here you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to have a great online worship experience right where you are!
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Watch the video (linked below) with your child.
- Use the discussion questions immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your child!
- Use the Activity/GodTime pages (linked below) to generate more activities and discussion opportunities.
GodTime: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child.
Bible Story: I Could Not Ask for More (Lord’s Supper / Last Supper) • 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, Exodus 12
Key Question: What helps you remember to be grateful?
Bottom Line: Get in the habit of being grateful.
Monthly Verse: Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good. His faithful love continues forever. Psalm 136:1 (NIrV)
Life App: Gratitude—Letting others know you see how they’ve helped you
Read Luke 22:19-20 as you remind your children that Jesus took an old habit of gratitude, the Passover, and turned it into a BRAND NEW habit of gratitude—the Lord’s Supper, or Communion.
- What does Jesus ask us to remember when we eat bread during Communion?
- What does Jesus ask us to remember when we drink from the cup during Communion?
- Why is it important to remember what God has done for us?
- What helps you remember to be grateful?
- What are three things God’s done that you feel the most grateful for today?
“When we take time to remember and think about everything God has done for us, it helps us create a habit of gratitude. And then we can extend this habit toward being grateful for the things people around us do for us too.”
“Dear God, when You sent us Your Son to die in our place, You gave us the one thing we can always be grateful for every day. Even on our worst days, followers of Jesus can have a heart of gratitude because we know You are watching over us and Your plans are always good. Help us to remember what You’ve done for us and to thank You often. In Jesus’ name, amen.”