Welcome to our Young Adults! Here you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to have a great online worship experience right where you are!
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Watch the video (linked below) with your child.
- Use the discussion questions immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your child!
- Use the Activity/GodTime pages (linked below) to generate more activities and discussion opportunities.
GodTime: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child.
Life App: Gratitude—Letting others know you see how they’ve helped you
Bible Story: I Just Want to Celebrate (David Dances) • 2 Samuel 6:12b-22a
Key Question: What are creative ways to show gratitude?
Monthly Verse: Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good. His faithful love continues forever. Psalm 136:1 (NIrV)
Bottom Line: Celebrate what God has done.
- David was so grateful for what God had done that he couldn’t keep silent about it. What is something you can celebrate with that kind of excitement?
- Michael was clearly not as excited as David when the ark was returned to Jerusalem. What do you think makes some people more grateful than others?
- If you have a hard time finding something to be grateful for, what do you think needs to change?
- When we struggle to feel grateful, what are some things we can celebrate about God no matter what else is happening in our life?
“There’s always something we can do to have an attitude of gratitude. God has done and is always doing so much for us that we could thank Him every minute of every day for the rest of our lives and it wouldn’t be enough! Fortunately, He knows our hearts and knows when we’re grateful for Him. But does that mean we can just assume He knows we’re thankful and move on? Of course not! This week, let’s think of ways we can get creative and show God how thankful we are for Him.”
“Dear God, You are worthy of our greatest expression of gratitude and our most joyful celebration. We praise You for what You have done in the past and look forward to all You will do in the future. We thank You for sending us Jesus. We know that we always have something to celebrate when we follow Him. In Jesus’ name, amen.”