Welcome to our Young Adults! Here you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to have a great online worship experience right where you are!
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Watch the video (linked below) with your child.
- Use the discussion questions immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your child!
- Use the Activity/GodTime pages (linked below) to generate more activities and discussion opportunities.
GodTime: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child.
Bible Story: How He Loves (Jesus Is Born) • Luke 2:1-7
Key Question: What are you giving this Christmas?
Bottom Line: God loved us so much that He gave us a Savior.
Monthly Verse: Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is the Messiah, the Lord. Luke 2:11 (NIrV)
Life App: Christmas—Celebrating Jesus, God’s greatest gift
- Who expected that to happen?
- How many of you thought I was going to spill water all over my computer?
- How does this unexpected experiment relate to the Christmas story? (everything about how God sent us a Savior was unexpected; the birth, the people, the place, the time. Nobody expected God to send a Savior in the form of a tiny baby)
- Why did God send Jesus for us? Why did we need a Savior?
- When you think about the fact that God gave Jesus for you, what does it make you feel? What does it make you want to do? Why?
“How fitting it is that we’re wrapping up a very unexpected year by celebrating God’s most unexpected gift! God loved us so much that He sent us a Savior in the form of a little baby boy, born to a regular girl in a regular town. In doing that, God was showing us that this Savior is for all people. I don’t know about you, but that makes me feel so loved! I’m excited to celebrate this unexpected gift this week.”
“Thank You, God, for giving us the greatest, most unexpected gift. You loved us so much that you sent Your only Son to be our Rescuer. Thank You for giving us such an amazing reason to celebrate at Christmas. In the midst of our busy day on Christmas, remind us to take a moment to thank You for all You have given us. We love You. In Jesus’ name, amen.”