Welcome to our Young Adults! Here you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to have a great online worship experience right where you are!
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Watch the video (linked below) with your child.
- Use the discussion questions immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your child!
- Use the Activity/GodTime pages (linked below) to generate more activities and discussion opportunities.
GodTime: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child.
Bible Story: Joyful, Joyful (Gabriel Appears to Mary) • Luke 1:26-56
Key Question: What are your plans for Christmas?
Bottom Line: You can have joy because God has a plan for you.
Monthly Verse: Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is the Messiah, the Lord. Luke 2:11 (NIrV)
Life App: Christmas—Celebrating Jesus, God’s greatest gift
- Mary wasn’t planning to have a baby at this point in her life. She certainly wasn’t planning to have an angel appear to her out of nowhere. How do you think she felt when her entire life’s plans shifted and changed?
- Do you like having set plans, loose plans, or no plans? (Ask kids to elaborate on their responses.) Does it throw your day off if something in the plan changes?
- How was Jesus a part of God’s plan all along?
- What are your family’s plans for Christmas?
“Dear God, thank You so much for the joy we have in You this Christmas season and always! Thank You for sending Jesus for us—we needed a Savior, and You gave us Jesus! I thank You for each kid sitting here today—they are all special to me and even more so to You. Thank You for how You made them each special and beautiful and smart and funny! We praise You for the plan You have for us and that we can trust You no matter what. It’s in Jesus’ name we pray, Amen!”