Welcome to our Young Adults! Here you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to have a great online worship experience right where you are!
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Watch the video (linked below) with your child.
- Use the discussion questions immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your child!
- Use the Activity/GodTime pages (linked below) to generate more activities and discussion opportunities.
GodTime: Use the page(s) that is most appropriate for your child.
Bible Story: High Hopes (Jesus is Promised) • Isaiah 9:6
Key Question: What are you hoping for?
Bottom Line: We can have hope because God keeps His promises.
Monthly Verse: Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is the Messiah, the Lord. Luke 2:11 (NIrV)
Life App: Christmas—Celebrating Jesus, God’s greatest gift
- After hearing this verse, what do you think the people in the Old Testament expected Jesus to be like?
- How does it feel to know that God kept His promise to send a Savior, and He did it by sending His only Son?
- Throughout history and even in our own lives, we can see God has kept His promises and that gives us a reason for hope. Why is hope important? How can we stay hopeful this time of year, especially with everything going on in our world right now?
- What are you hoping for right now? (Not just in terms of what are you hoping to receive for Christmas, but is something you’re hoping will happen or how do you hope Christmas will turn out this year?)
“Dear God, thank You that You always keep Your promises. You promised to send a Savior, and You gave us Jesus, just like You promised. Help us remember that we can trust You and we can have hope, no matter what, because You always keep Your promises. Amen.”