Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Here you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to experience KidCity right where you are! Our weekend teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in it together.” Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Parent section for some additional activities to do with your child.
- You can find all of the activity pages below.
For kids – Online Experience Video
Trouble loading the video? CLICK HERE
Bible Story: God’s power helps me make the right choice. Daniel’s Food • Daniel 1:8-17
Memory Verse: “Great is our Lord and mighty in power.” Psalm 147:5, NIV
Key Question: Who is powerful?
Bottom Line: God is powerful.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse Motions:
Great (jazz hands)
is our Lord (point up)
and mighty in power,” (fists on hips)
Psalm 147:5. (Open hands like a book.)
- Ask, “What happened in our story today?” King Nebuchadnezzar had a training program. He wanted everyone who worked for him to be smart and strong. He told the people who were training that they could eat his yummy food. Daniel saw all of the king’s yummy food but knew he needed to follow God’s special rules about what he could eat. God’s power helped Daniel make the right choice. Daniel told the king’s helpers that he wanted to eat vegetables and drink water. When the king found out Daniel only ate vegetables and drank water and saw how healthy and strong Daniel was, the king wasn’t mad at Daniel. The king was happy! God’s power helped Daniel make the right choice, and God’s power can help us make the right choice, too.
- Make a snack together. Include multiple opportunities for your preschooler to choose between what to eat. Be sure to reference how Daniel made the right choice, and that God can help us make the right choice too!
Activity Page for preschoolers during sermon