Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Contentment—Learning to be okay with what you have
Bible Story: I Want It That Way (King Ahab and Naboth’s Vineyard) •1 Kings 21:1-19, 27
Key Question: What can you do when you find yourself wanting more and more?
Bottom Line: Wanting more and more can make you miserable.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can love God, love others, and love life.
Memory Verse: Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against wanting to have more and more things. Life is not made up of how much a person has.” Luke 12:15 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- Does being content mean that you never want anything? Is it possible to want something and still be content?
- What is the difference between wanting something and being greedy?
- What can be a consequence of obsessing with what you want?
- How can being content show that you trust God?
- What can you do if you find yourself wanting more and more?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.