Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Resilience—Getting back up when something gets you down
Bible Story: Go the Distance (Peter and John Are Taken to the Sanhedrin) • Acts 3:1–4:21
Key Question: When have you decided to keep going?
Bottom Line: Keep going even when it gets tough.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now
Memory Verse: But those who trust in the Lord will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not grow weak. Isaiah 40:31 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- What does it look like to be resilient when a friend isn’t treating you kindly? What about when you’re not getting along with a parent? Or when you’re struggling with learning something at school?
- What can you do if you aren’t sure what it means to be resilient in a certain situation?
- Do you think when you decide to keep going when it is tough, it helps you bounce back when something gets you down again? Why or why not?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)