Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at email@example.com to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Resilience—Getting back up when something gets you down
Bible Story: Sing, Sing, Sing (Paul and Silas in Prison) • Acts 16:16-40
Key Question: What helps keep you going?
Bottom Line: You can choose joy when life gets hard.
Basic Truth: I am made by God to worship Him.
Memory Verse: But those who trust in the Lord will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not grow weak. Isaiah 40:31 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- How does trusting God help us to bounce back?
- What truths can you focus on to help you get back up when something gets you down?
- What does it look like to choose joy even when you are not happy about the circumstances you are in?
- [Make it Personal] (Share an age-appropriate story about a situation that was hard and you weren’t happy about it but you decided to choose joy. What did you focus on and how did it help you to keep going?)
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.