Families, this week we encourage you to use the discussion questions and GodTime pages below to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Please email us at email@example.com if we can assist in other ways.
Monthly Virtue: Trust – Putting your confidence in someone you can depend on
Bible Story: Unforgetful You (Abraham and Isaac) • Genesis 15:1-6; 18:1-15; 21:1-7
Bottom Line: Trust God even when you have to wait.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- Think of someone you trust. Why do you trust them? What do you know about God that helps you to depend on and trust God no matter what?
- What does trusting God look like while we are waiting?
- For example: What does it look like to trust God when my friend is mad at me and not speaking to me? Or what does it look like to trust God when I am waiting for my broken arm to heal?
- What can we take from Abraham and Sarah’s story to encourage us to trust God even when we have to wait?
- Encourage kids to share stories of people they know who were waiting and trusting God at the same time. What do these stories remind us about God?
- [Make it Personal] (Share an age-appropriate story of a time you had to trust God while you were waiting. How did you wait well and trust God? Would you do something differently next time you had to wait and trust God?)
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.