Families, this week we encourage you to use the discussion questions and GodTime pages below to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Please email us at email@example.com if we can assist in other ways.
Monthly Virtue: Trust – Putting your confidence in someone you can depend on
Bible Story: Fall Asleep (Jacob’s Dream) • Genesis 28:10-22 (Genesis 25:19-34; 27)
Bottom Line: You can trust that God has a plan.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- How can doing the right thing, especially when it is hard, be a way we can show others we trust God?
- When we have been treated unfairly or unkindly, does getting even show we trust God? Why or why not?
- Even when things don’t go your way, why can you still put our confidence in God and depend on Him?
- How can believing Jesus as your Savior show you trust God?
- Is there something that isn’t going your way right now and you need to trust God with it?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.