Families, this week we encourage you to use the discussion questions and GodTime pages below to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Please email us at email@example.com if we can assist in other ways.
Monthly Virtue: Grit—Refusing to give up when life gets hard.
Bible Story: Deliver Us (Burning Bush and the 10 Plagues) • Exodus 3–6:12; 7–12
Bottom Line: Hold on because God knows what you’re going through.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can be confident that God knows who I am.
Memory Verse: Let us not become tired of doing good. At the right time we will gather a crop if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- When have you been through a hard time? (Be sure to remind the group that this is a safe space for sharing. Remind them of the importance of confidentiality when it comes to personal stories that are shared with the group.)
- How did you feel when you were in the middle of it?
- When does it feel like it would be easier to just give up? (i.e.: during a particularly challenging football practice, studying for a really big math test, or while completing a long list of chores at home)
- Have you ever given up on something? If so, did you regret it?
- How can you be sure that God knows what you’re going through?
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.