Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Monthly Virtue: Courage—Being brave enough to do what you should do, even when you’re afraid
Bible Story: Whatever It Takes (David Anointed/Goliath) • 1 Samuel 16:1-13, 17:1-51
Bottom Line: You can do what you should even when things seem impossible.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now.
Memory Verse: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9b (NIV)
Ask the following questions:
- Each kid’s story is different. We ALL face fears and scary situations but the stuff that scares YOU might not be the same as the kid next to you. What are some ways God might be challenging you to be courageous that are unique to you and somewhat different from someone else?
- What does courage look like for you on a day-to-day basis?
- Even though we all face our own unique fears, what are some things about courage that apply to everyone no matter their particular situation?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)