Welcome to this month’s Special Needs Ministry Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at www.facebook.com/hopespecialneeds/
If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at email@example.com
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the Devotional pages to generate more activities and discussion
Online Experience Video
- Online Experience Video for you and your student to watch together
- Discussion Questions for you & your student
- Pre-Teen Guide for your student to go a little deeper on his/her own
- Salvation Conversation Guide for one of the most important conversations you’ll ever have
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/
Got a question? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Experience Video
Access this week’s video – CLICK HERE*
*The new video for the upcoming week will be loaded by Wednesday of each week.
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Monthly Virtue: Gratitude—Letting others know you see how they’ve helped you
Memory Verse: Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good. His faithful love continues forever. Psalm 136:1 (NIrV)
Week 1: December 3
Bible Story: Give Thanks (Give Thanks No Matter What Happens) • 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Key Question: What are you grateful for?
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can love God, love others, and love life.
- What words would you use to describe an ungrateful person? How would you describe a grateful person?
- Why do you think it’s so hard for many of us to be grateful?
- In what ways does your trust in God impact the way you feel about the situations you go through?
- We can be grateful even when we don’t feel happy. Do you agree or disagree? Explain why or why not.
- What’s the best way to change an ungrateful attitude to a grateful one?
Week 2: December 10
Bible Story: Permission to Dance (David Dances) • 2 Samuel 6:12b-22a
Key Question: How can you show God you’re grateful?
Basic Truth: I am made by God to worship Him.
- It’s easy to forget all of the things God does for us. What can you do to help you remember and celebrate what God has done every day?
- Who else can you remember to appreciate?
- What can you do if you can’t think of a reason to celebrate what God has done?
- Why does God deserve to be celebrated?
Week 3: December 17
Bible Story: The One (Jesus Heals 10 Men) • Luke 17:11-19
Key Question: What helps you remember to be grateful?
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now.
- What would you say is the main reason we should take the time to say thank you?
- Apart from thanking God in prayer, what are other ways you can show gratitude to God?
- Who do you need to take the time to say thank you to this week? What will help you remember to do so?
- If someone says thank you, but they don’t really mean it, is it truly gratitude? Why or why not?
Week 4: December 24- Merry Christmas!
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)