What We’re Learning: THIN GREEN LINE – June 2020
There is a thin green line between our hearts and our money. One of the five marks of a disciple at Hope is giving generously to God who gave us everything. When we give money, whether to a person in need, an organization, or the local church we become part of a bigger story. This series will encourage students to look at how they GIVE, SPEND, and SAVE their money.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
1) Grab a Bible and watch live with us Sunday at 10:35am on our MSM Facebook Page. The bonus of tuning is live is live interacting in the comments and games.
2) A detailed at-home discussion guide will be posted weekly on our Parent Hub Page. This will also include the video lesson, so no worries if you miss the live Sunday experience, you can catch up on the lesson on your own time at the Parent Hub!
Money Record Tool for Students
Download, review, and share this My Money Record tool with your students. Every week we will go over a different part of this tool to empower your students to practically live out the Biblical money principles they are learning. (Here is an alternative excel version).
Wk 1: GIVE – June 14
- Main Point: Giving connects you to something bigger.
- Main Scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:7
Wk 2: **Father’s Day Special Edition** – June 21
- We will take a break from our Thin Green Line series to have a special Father’s Day lesson.
- Main Point: God is the perfect Father and shows us what love truly looks like.
- Main Scripture: 1 John 3:1-3
Wk 3: SPEND – June 28
- Main Point: Where you spend your time and money is a reflection of how you see God.
- Main Scripture: Matthew 6:19-24
Wk 4: SAVE – July 5