What We’re Learning: Thin Green Line
There is a thin green line between our hearts and our money. One of the five marks of a disciple at Hope is giving generously to God who gave us every thing. When we give money, whether to a person in need, an organization, or the local church we become part of a bigger story. This series will encourage students to look at how they GIVE, SPEND, and SAVE their money.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
Grab a Bible, watch the video together and go through the below modified at-home discussion guide anytime you like OR play our online game and watch live with us Sunday at 10:35am on our MSM Facebook Page.
Special Needs Families:
Click here for this week’s modified lesson guide
Wk 1: June 14 – GIVE
- Main Point: Giving connects you to something bigger.
- Main Scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:7
Create meaningful conversation with your student(s). Adjust questions as needed, and don’t feel like you need to answer all of them.
- What are some examples of “random acts of kindness”?
- If it feels good to give, why do you think so many people don’t give more, or at all?
- What are some things you own or resources you have? Think about what you have and what you are able to give.
- What are some ways you can make a difference through giving?
- How do you think a lifestyle of giving would affect your life?
- Why does God want us to give?
- The speaker mentioned that giving connects you to God. How does that work? Explain.
- What is something you learned from the lesson this week?
- What’s one thing you can GIVE to God this week?
- Download this My Money Record tool. Write your giving goal on it and share it with your parents. Don’t worry about the other sections on it yet, we will talk about those in future weeks. (Here is an alternative excel version).
Ask your student(s) to share their prayer requests and close your time together in prayer.