Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion.
For kids (Online Experience Video)
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Kindness—Showing others they are valuable by how you treat them.
Bible Story: Hey Brother (Good Samaritan) • Luke 10:25-37
Bottom Line: Be kind to people who are different from you.
Basic Truth: I am made loved by God no matter what so I can love God, love others, and love life.
Memory Verse: You are God’s chosen people. You are holy and dearly loved. So, put on tender mercy and kindness as if they were your clothes. Don’t be proud. Be gentle and patient. Colossians 3:12 (NIrV)
- Without naming names, think of someone who is different from you. Maybe they dress differently, or their family is very different from yours. Maybe they act differently at school. Whatever the reason, think of someone you don’t get along with or don’t understand. How could you show this person they are valuable—how would you show them kindness?
- Why might a kid your age be treated unkindly? When have you seen someone treated unkindly?
- Why might showing kindness to someone make you uncomfortable?
- You see someone being treated unkindly, maybe it is the annoying kid at school. What does it look like to respond with kindness? Is it kind to walk away when you see someone being treated unkindly? Why or why not?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)