NOTIFICATION: TEMPTATION AHEAD
We are sure you’ve noticed the tween and teenage years are full of transition and transformation! In Student Ministry, we recognize that this is a pivotal point in your student’s journey, and it’s our desire to keep partnering with you to help you navigate theis phase of your student’s life as smoothly as possible.
During the teenage phase, what’s repeated is what’s remembered. This is why Student Ministry provides an annual series on temptation with an age-appropriate emphasis on dating, sexuality and relationships. The goal of this series is to empower students to navigate relationships, attraction and sex with a foundation in God’s Word.
We are equipping you earlier with the whole series and even some extra resources so you can see what we are teaching and even (if you choose) go over this information at home with your student. We hope these equip you for healthy, ongoing conversations within your home.
Also, if you haven’t yet join your campus’ MSM Facebook Parent Group to stay in the loop on upcoming MSM news as well as connect in community with other middle school parents at our church. Parenting can be hard, you don’t have to do it alone!
Series Topic: Moral Boundaries
- Download Full Parent Packet
- 7 Tips for Talking About Sexuality With Your Children
- Series Overview: Notification
- We create Safe place for your student: Student Ministry Safety & Dialogue
WEEK 1: MARCH 7,2021 GOD’S DESIGN FOR SEX
- MAIN POINT: Sex is good and sex is powerful, so respect it.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE(S): Genesis 1:27-28 & 2:24
- Wk 1 Discussion Guide
WEEK 2: MARCH 14 TEMPTATIONS IN A VIRTUAL WORLD
- MAIN POINT: A screen isn’t a loophole around temptation and sin; it can be a trap that’s just as dangerous and addictive.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- Wk 2 Discussion Guide
WEEK 3: MARCH 21 GRACE, TRUTH, AND SAME-SEX SEXUALITY
- MAIN POINT: As Christians we are called to balance living in God’s grace and truth.
- MAIN SCRIPTURES: Zacchaeus story overview, Romans 2:4, Matthew 19:4-5, Romans 1:26-30
- Wk 3 Discussion Guide
WEEK 4: MARCH 28 ACCOUNTABILITY HELPS US OVERCOME TEMPTATIONS
- MAIN POINT: We all need accountability – every step you take is a step in the right direction.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE(S): Hebrews 4:13-16 & James 5:16
- Wk 4 Discussion Guide
Even more parent resources:
- The Novus Project has alot of great information and age by age guides on how to talk to your children about sex
- Pastor and author Sam Allberry was interviewed by Mike at Hope a few years ago (you can watch the message here) and we highly recommend his book: Is God Anti-Gay?
- Hope Student Ministry’s Safe Zone procedure (If and when a student states there may be potentional harm, this is how we train and equip staff and volunteers to respond.)
- When and How to Talk to My Child About Pornography